The Mull-It-Over Mullion Trim Cap provides the coordinated transition between interior and exterior systems so they perform to their full potential. Noise transfer between rooms is no longer a problem. Building code requirements, confidentiality, privacy, productivity and HIPAA compliance for buildings with glass facades now have a simple design solution.
- A standard mullion has an STC rating of 28. If left exposed, sound transfer between rooms will be a problem due to the poor noise deadening performance of the mullion.
- The Mull-It-Over Mullion Trim Cap increases the STC rating at the mullion to minimize sound flanking.
- 1-hour fire rated Mullion Trim Cap option meets UL2079/S115 requirements.
- FGI Guidelines for Health Care Construction and International Building Code for Multi-Family Housing have minimum STC requirements for demising walls. When tested as an assembly, minimum code requirements will not be met if a demising wall terminates at an exposed mullion.
- The Mull-It-Over Mullion Trim Cap is a simple and clean trim detail for the exposed end of a partition wall that allows for differential movement between the partition and glass systems.
- Easy to install during new construction or added during retrofit to correct existing sound transfer problems or code violations.
- The Mull-It-Over Mullion Trim Cap has become the standard design detail for many leading architectural firms.